Saturday 1 June 2013

No snow yet

13 January 2013
I expected snow this morning, or at least a frost. It was positively Mediterranean! I didn't think it would be any muddier. I was wrong! It was very dark, especially in Clearhedges Wood, I disturbed a gang of Rooks and they set up a right cacophony as I went through. The Sun rose behind a grey shroud as I walked into Shipbourne. St. Giles' Church was busy for the 8am Communion. The clock struck eight as I walked through and the clock at Ightham Mote struck a couples of minutes later.
A quick coffee here at Ightham, I was desperate for the loo which was locked. So I found a private spot in the woods above the Mote and dug a hole. I walked on with a new spring in my step afterwards! The sun began to break through now.
Chestnut soup and Christmas cake for breakfast at Yopps Green. As the Sun had swung around to the south, I followed it home through Dunks Green.
The wind was from the north but didn't drop below freezing all morning. There were lots of walkers about later in spite of the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment