Saturday 1 June 2013

Stormy weather

25th November:
I left home at 6am into a howling gale! Venus appeared from behind the scudding clouds as I walked west and then it was dark and foreboding into Clearhedges Wood. The sky was so dramatic with an orange glow on the horizon and dark clouds rushing by. It was like a scene from Wuthering Heights!
It was relatively calm in the wood with the wind above me in the tree tops. There were many trees strewn about in the torchlight, it looked like devastation! The birds and animals were keeping well under cover. The paths were flooded and muddy and was very hard going.
I ate more pumpkin soup at Ightham Mote! Then I went on to Wilmot Hill for a view of Hadlow Tower (more scaffolding has been taken down), then down to Budds Farm where there were lots of noisy parakeets, and on to St. Giles' Church for a second break. I took a diversion to Poult Wood for a change and through the golf course to Hadlow College and back home, it was very muddy. Quite a long walk but felt better this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment